Monday, April 6, 2020

Quibi app for iOS: Easy to reproduce crash from the "Watch Trailer" option...

iOS 13.4
Quibi app for iOS (version 1.0.9)
Date: 04/06/20

Description:

I downloaded the Quibi app, and signed up for the free 90 day trial, after reading a lot about the app.

I liked the shows I saw, and this new "turnstyle" method or orientating the content on the screen.

There is one easy to reproduce crash with the app that I have discovered, however. I actually discovered this crash in regular user mode - I do believe that it is something that your average user might run into.

If you quickly double or triple tap the "Watch Trailer" option for any show, the app crash. I am getting this to reproduce with my iPhone 8 running 13.4 constantly.

Here's a video of the crash I keep getting:

Here's the crash dump:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Download and launch the Quibi app - sign up for free trial
2. From the "Today for you" section, select the "..." next to any show
3. Select the "More Info & Episodes" option from any show
4. Quickly tap "Watch Trailer" button (in either a ONE...TWO-THREE-FOUR or a ONE-TWO-THREE....FOUR-FIVE manner)

Result: Quickly tapping the "Watch Trailer" button frequently crashes the current version (1.0.9) of the Quibi app

Expected: The Quibi app should not crash if the user quickly taps a "Watch Trailer" button

Select the "..." option from any preview section...

Select the "More Info & Episodes" option...

Tap on the "Watch Trailer" option two or three times...

No comments:

Post a Comment